Nag Ashwin: Kalki – Part 2 will have more of Prabhas

Nag Ashwin

Director Nag Ashwin rose to national prominence following the enormous success of “Kalki 2898 AD,” which is now in its second week of release. Today, the director met film journalists on the film’s set to share his joy on the success. Excerpts from chitchat….

Advertisement

Slower pace is required!

He took criticism for the slow pace of the first half of “Kalki 2898 AD” in stride. “We felt more time was required for the viewers to become acquainted with all of the people and universes we developed. So, the first half of the film was dedicated to that. The pace had slowed during the process. I understand the complaint,” he admitted.

More story means more space for Prabhas

He also guaranteed Prabhas’ fansthat the star would appear in more sequences in the second part of the film, as the core story and world building had already been established in the first. “Now that we have established everything, what is what and who is who, there will be lot of fun in the second part and definitely you will see more of Prabhas,” said the director.

60 percent of the story will be covered

“From the complete story of ‘Kalki 2898 AD’ 40% has been covered thus far. The remaining 60 percent will be revealed in the following installment,” Nag Ashwin stated.

Kalki 2898 AD

More cameos!

Celebrities like as Vijay Deverakonda, Dulquer Salmaan, Ram Gopal Varma, and Rajamouli made cameo appearances in the first part of “Kalki 2898 AD”. Will the next film include additional celebs in cameo roles? “I have not made a decision or thought about it. Vijay Deverakonda’s role is not a cameo, but rather a guest role that is important to the tale,” he explained.

I tried to get Nani and Naveen Polishetty for the first part, but they might appear in the second.

Mayabazar’ is the primary inspiration

When asked where he got inspiration for combining Mahabharat with sci-fi drama, he said KV Reddy’s masterpiece “Mayabazar” was his main source.”The main tale of Mayabazar was based on the Mahabharata, but it was more of a creative idea. There was no such story in the Mahabharata.” Nag Ashwin explained that he used characters from Mahabharat and wrote in his own style.

Advertisement
 

More

Related Stories